The Government provides funding to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport.
Ampney Crucis will be allocating this money towards funding of the following:
Employ qualified sports coaches to deliver PE.
When appropriate teachers will observe and participate in the sessions to develop their own skills.
Increase partnership with other local primary schools within our cluster.
Pupils will have the opportunity to participate in tournaments organised by the South Cotswold Sports Partnership.
Provide after school sports clubs.
We offer after school clubs for pupils in Key Stages 1 and 2. Some clubs will run throughout the year and others will run at various times of the year. Most clubs will continue to be provided free of charge or highly subsidised.
Provide opportunities for children to compete.
We will extend the use of the house team system to enable regular, inter-house sports competitions for pupils of all ages throughout the year.
Introduce Playground Leaders.
New playground leaders from Key Stage 2 will be trained to work with the pupils in Reception and Key Stage 1 pupils at lunchtimes.
Extend the use of the house team system to inter-house sports competitions for all pupils.
Our annual Sports Day is the end of year whole school sporting event where family and friends are welcome to come along to join in the fun and lend their support.
- Pay for transport to various inter-school events and to the Forest School.
Equipment and Grounds
- To replace and update sports equipment.
- Tuft areas of the school field that require it.
- All areas of the PE curriculum will be at least good.
- Increased participation in after school clubs.
- Pupils have more opportunities to participate in tournaments.
- Sports equipment and school grounds fit for purpose.