The School Council representatives are elected each year by the pupils with the exception of our youngest pupils in Reception. One pupil is elected from each year group.
At the first meeting of the year the council will vote in a chair and secretary and discuss the role of a school council representative.
The Role of the School Council Representative
- To attend School Council meetings
- To report back to their class issues that were discussed at the meetings
- To listen to other pupils’ views and ideas, and be willing to discuss these at School Council meetings
- To work towards improving the school
- To be friendly and helpful to all the staff and children at the school
- To set an example to other children by looking smart, behaving well and looking after the school environment